5 Ways AIM Will Help You Better With Task Tracking Than Spreadsheets
29 Apr, 2022
If you’re like most people, you probably use spreadsheets for your projects. You might even use it to track time spent on each task. But there are several ways AIM can help you better than tracking tasks in a spreadsheet. This article discusses how this dedicated Action Item Tracking System can help with your project management.
What are actions in task management?
Actions in task management are the steps you need to take to complete the task. In other words, they’re the things that you need to do to achieve the desired outcome. For example, if your goal is to write a research paper, some of the actions you’ll need to take would be to choose a topic, gather sources, outline your paper, and write the paper itself. If you have actions, you can make an action list in a spreadsheet but you can also use a specialised tool like the AIM module in the ECLIPSE Software Suite.
Spreadsheets for managing actions?
If you ever worked on a project with spreadsheets, you know that it can be very frustrating. Spreadsheets are not made to track projects. They are made for data analysis which is completely different from what project managers need to do. It is like hitting a nail with a screwdriver. It can be done, but it is not the right tool for the job.
What does AIM offer that spreadsheets don’t?
AIM is the right tool for tracking projects because it was specifically designed for that purpose. AIM has many features that make it better than using spreadsheets including:
- AIM is much easier to use. All the information you need is displayed in an easy-to-use interface.
- AIM can handle complex workflow. You can easily see who is responsible for each action and what the next step is.
- AIM can provide alerts and reminders. You can set up alerts to remind you when an action is due or when someone has changed the status of an action.
- AIM can generate reports: With just a few clicks, you can generate reports that show you the status of all your actions.
- AIM secures your data. Your data is stored securely in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere, next to this changes to the actions are traceable.
If you are dealing with many different actions that need to be taken care of, AIM is the better choice. It will help you keep track of everything and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
Start today with the AIM module of the ECLIPSE Software Suite
Juggling multiple tasks and keeping track of them all in a spreadsheet is not an effective way to manage your projects. AIM is a much better solution. It is designed specifically for managing actions, and it offers many features that spreadsheets don’t have. So why not try the AIM module? You can get started with a free trial. Contact us for more information.