Action Items tracking is important not only for dealing with technical issues and monitoring the progress of their resolution and closure but also for commercial and financial reasons. A complete project Action Item List is often a deliverable at key project milestone reviews.
Beyond formal Action Item Lists, organizations may need to keep track of important process decisions and information (e.g. approvals, requests for information, etc.). The Action Items Manager (AIM) module also deals with these aspects through its integration with other ECLIPSE Software Suite modules. AIM allows the creation, allocation, monitoring and tracking of Action Items and their associated information across small and large project teams alike.
Each Action Item can be allocated to an Actionee and multiple Contributors, who can access and contribute online to the Action Item’s progress, completion and closure, in accordance with security permissions. Each Action Item enables all those involved to collaborate via a thread-based discussion which permits the provision of additional information (e.g. video, images or other file attachments).
AIM functions as a dashboard because it monitors and reports on all the workflow actions created by other ECLIPSE Software Suite modules (DCCM, eRID, eRISK and eNCTS). The Action Items Manager provides its users with a centralised access point to all existing actions within a specific project environment.
- Dynamic search and export capability (based on project specific metadata)
- Extensive reporting capabilities via customisable reports (DASH)
- Multiple response tracking
- The Action Items Manager allows auditing Action records
- Customisable Action Item metadata, based on requirements that are specific to Space Projects
- Acquisition and display of actions relevant to document reviews and approvals from other ECLIPSE software modules