In the Space sector, a great deal of documentation is created and exchanged amongst the many actors, participating in any given project or mission.
Managing and maintaining a high level of document configuration, status accounting and control over such documentation (and its traffic and exchange) is a challenge that, if not properly addressed, can result in severe project issues and security risks and possibly even project failures.
Document Configuration and Change Management (DCCM) allows members of a project to create a document and its reference, applicability & status according to pre-defined user access rights and security rules. Project Managers are able to create collections from approved documents, which can be then submitted as a data pack from DCCM to the ECLIPSE Review Items of Discrepancy (eRID) module for space project reviews.
- Customisable document metadata in accordance with the needs of a project or mission
- Ability to automate the creation of document reference numbers according to specific project or departmental rules
- Interfaces with other ECLIPSE software modules (e.g. eRID, AIM)
- Ability to bookmark documents for future reference
- Ability for any user to perform a cross-project document search
- Perform an XML import / export of a Technical Data Package File
- Extensive reporting capabilities via customisable reports (DASH)
- Perform fully traceable document reviews and approval cycles
- Create actions in association to documents (e.g. Minutes of Meetings)
- Document Configuration and Change Management provides folder-based document security access